Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Staining A Staircase Railing

Half the week is over and I hope you're having a good week. Mine has been good but I'm feeling zapped from the sun at the moment. Well here is yet another project I did while the kiddos were away... I had been wanting to do this one for years and was finally able to "get her done"!
 
Staining the railing to our stairs has made a huge impact on the feel of our house.
 
I simply taped it up, sanded lightly with a hand sander and painted on the stain.
 
I used a small chip brush and a can of Miniwax Poly Shades stain in Bombay Mahogany. 
 
It took two days to do! Not too shabby!
 
  
WARNING! This post contains LOTS of pictures!
 
 
This is a BEFORE and AFTER of the staircase railings.
 
The before was an orange wood but we wanted to match the dark hardwood floors. 
 
 
BEFORE
 
 BEFORE
 
BEFORE
 
I used lots of tape to mask out the areas I didn't want painted.

Using my drill I pulled this hardware out and painted it silver from the brass it was before.
 
AFTER
  
AFTER

AFTER



 


No comments: