Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Fun Getting Stoned. Landscaping Stoned That Is!

How's it going on your end? I hope you are doing well. Hopefully choosing to be happy during this trying time. I say that sincerely because we do have the choice. It's weird because I miss how things used to be and I wish things were more like they used to be but time doesn't quit, life doesn't get put on hold - we have to push through all times, good, bad, easy, hard, and choose whether we want to be happy or not happy. Of course, given certain circumstances an initial mood may be angry, annoyed, sadness, grief... but for strong mental wellness and health it can't be the end-all emotion. I don't mean to sound preachy either. I'm saying this for my own good just as much. I need lots of reminders for myself! :) Mental wellness and stability is such an important part of our overall health. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about you but one on my favorite things to do is go to the gym and work out. I used to love group fitness classes. I've tried just about all of them but now I really enjoy my individual workouts. I have for years. I love to walk, jog, ride my bike, lift weights, and now I use my yard as my at home gym. We've got railroad ties in the back yard and I love to do jumps and step ups on them. 

Having said all of that a big part of my workout and keeping my mental health straight has been hugely spent outside. Even my neighbors have commented about how much time I'm out in the yard. I love it, it's so therapeutic. I kind of can't help it!

This was one of my first projects of the Spring. I bought two tons of stones. I'd have to look up what this type is called but it's from our state and I had them delivered. It took me three full days of work to lay them. If you scroll down you can see pictures of the front yard... they were taken just after the kids and I put them down. The hubs has a hernia so he can't really lift much. The kids and I did the entire back yard too. I used to have plastic edging and I have wanted to do stones to edge the beds for years and I LOVE it!   


This is what Two Tons of stones looks like!





Here's the front sidewalk!


Here's the tree out front! I've got a new little surprise under the tree too. I'll share it next post!


Here's more of the front yard! I've been working the yard and here it looks like carpet...makes me giddy!

--------------------------------------------------------------

So there is the front. I'll try and show you the back yard soon. I've got lots of new and exciting things going on. Can we say bulbs and seeds and flowers galore?!?

I hope you have a great day and find some happiness in it! 


                ðŸ’— KISY 
                      Keep It Simple Yay!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is kind of off-topic however I had to ask.
Does managing a well-established website such as yours require a lot of work?
I'm brand new to blogging but I do write in my journal on a daily basis.
I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and thoughts online.
Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or
tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Hello there, You've done an incredible job. I will
certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
I am sure they'll be benefited from this website.