Friday, August 22, 2014

After Beadboard

Good Morning on this gorgeous Friday! This morning has been great. Got in a good workout and grocery store visit before the kids or hubs ever woke up (well except that I purse dialed the house from my cell phone while in the check out line at the grocery store! OOPS). This week has bee a little busy trying to deal with some repairs on our home and keep the kiddos happy. I hope this finds everything going well in your home! 

I'm still catching up on projects I did when my parents kept our kids over a week this summer. Here is another thing I updated with an easy change. I added beadboard(bought and cut at Lowes) to the back of this cabinet in our kitchenette. The piece of furniture was given to us and was used as a microwave stand before. I changed out the natural wooden knobs for some brushed nickel ones and this summer I added a little bead board as a nice and simple decorative backing to add a little something something to this piece. I still want to add a little something else to it. The basket came from the upstairs bathroom. One of the handles had broken off of it and I wanted to repurpose. I added the wooden "H" for a simple little touch.  


Below is another picture before I added the beadboard!

I think the beadboard adds a nice casual look to the piece!


Happy Friday and have a great weekend if I don't talk to you!


TDC Before and After

2 comments:

srpprcrftr said...

It never fails to amaze me how little things like the bead board or some paint can transpose piece of furniture into something so much nicer. Great job, I love bead board would love to put it in our bathroom as wainscoting but hubs doesn't want to do it, Aw come on. Smart idea, did you have to take shelves out to get board in back of shelving area? I'm going to go look to see what I can do with some bead board to snazzy up something. Was thinking of our upper kitchen cupboard where I keep and show my bowl collection, would look nice behind them. You've inspired me already.
Happy week

Less Is More said...

I know me too. At one point I considered getting rid of this piece of furniture but I just love the bead board! I cut out inserts and pulled the shelving out and put the bead board inside. I could have nailed to the back but this turned out to be easier for me. I caulked around the edges to make it look like it's a part of it. Thanks for stopping by and have a good one too!