Wednesday, April 4, 2018

File Cabinet Redo

Hello! Happy Spring Break! Hope all is well! 

I have a stress fracture I'm trying to recover from but it can take anywhere from six months to a year. Sooooo I'm home for Spring Break. I really wanted to travel but I can't without a lot of pain. Don't want any setbacks. During our staycation I've been busting my butt to get some projects done that I've wanted to do for a while! I'm so excited too. I'll share those later.

This one is one I did a couple months ago and am so psyched. I didn't take a before picture but it was "U-G-L-Y! it aint got no alibi T'was UGLY"! yeah yeah it was UGLY! 


My husband got this old beat up filing cabinet 20 years ago and I've always disliked the look of it though it has come in very handy. It had dents and scratches and a really ugly silver drawer pull too. I've been wanting to redo it for a loooong time and I finally did! I had to order the drawer pull bc the screw holes were an odd distance apart but it worked. 



I used a simple gray chalk paint that I've had for a while. I sealed it and then distressed it with a dark antiquing wax. I love it! 

Yay for a good makeover!

No comments: