Sunday, September 1, 2013

Summer Projects Started - 6-9-13

How are you? Is school out where you are? It's out here and I can't believe how fast the year went. I feel a little bad for my kids because the first official days of summer break I've been trying to get lots of sleep to get over strep. Things have been different - the past several months my family has been thrown some serious curve balls and we're all trying to keep moving and simply embrace change.

Today was more productive. I finally got off my rump (yay for more energy. i hate being sick and laying around) and worked on our exterior door knobs, locks and hinges. I am so excited to have made some progress. The door knobs have been sitting in a closet for over a YEAR and the hinges for MONTHS. I'm not sure why it has taken so long to motivate but I'm glad I finally did. Little things like drilling new holes to fit the hinges is so much fun when I get into it. The power drill was put to use today! Went out to Lowe's today and got some new drill bits and sure used them. I still have to replace the front door hardware and two hinges to the back door so everything matches and we don't have brassy gold glaring back at us!

I'm going to try and do a project a day and I'll let you know how it goes. What are you doing with your summer? What are your plans around your house?

No comments: