Tuesday, September 9, 2014

and... WOODEN Ampersand

Good Afternoon! How are you? I'm good but going a little nuts at home with two sickies today. Calgon!!!! Ha! To help ease my sanity, I'm diverting to some home decor fun for a few!
 
I picked up this wooden ampersand at Michaels a couple of weeks ago on a clearance rack. I had a 40% off coupon too so that always helps. I found a place for it and sat on it for a few days trying to decide what color to make it. 
 

I was going to use spray paint but instead used chalk paint that I made with leftover plaster of Paris, white ceiling paint and water.


It's more rustic looking because I sanded the edges with my electric hand sander after painting. I think it's kinda cute! So back to nursing my little sickies! Have a great day!
  
 

No comments: