Monday, April 25, 2011

New Finds!

Just wanted to send a warm thank you to the new people who are reading along. I enjoy "meeting" new people and reading other blogs and I will follow you back. Hope everybody had a nice Easter and got to spend time with loved ones. Easter was good. The weekend was good... I got an afternoon all to myself Saturday afternoon. YESSSSSS! I can't remember the last time that happened. I used to think it was so strange to hear mommies talk about how the only place they had a moment of silence or time to themselves was in the bathroom but I totally get it now! I adore my children, don't get me wrong, but I do dream of "me" time and need to find ways to fit more of that into the mix.

On my afternoon off, I got in the car, rolled down the windows, opened the sunroof and blasted the music somewhat and tooled around doing the things that I wanted to do. PLAY!!! Sweetness. First off I heard that there was a pretty good Salvation Army nearby, that I have been meaning to test out so I went and checked it out. I'm not a huge thrift store shopper but thought it would be fun to browse to find things that I could fix up and make my own as far as decorations for the house. Salvation Army was pretty cool but I didn't buy anything. If I was trying to furnish a home, it would be a great place to go. I saw many solid pieces of furniture that looked like they were never used. The prices were great too.

After that, I trucked over to Good Will and wooo-hooo! I found two items I knew I could fix up. I picked up a wooden tray that has some sort of Chinese scripting on it and I got the most adorable lime green lamp! The lamp came with a simple canvas barrel type lamp shade. It was brand new and it works! I would have a picture of it but I already put it in the baby's room and he's sleeping. I have plans for it at a later date but for now it matches the baby's room and looks adorable. Hey did you know that Good Will does returns? That is pretty cool. They take returns up to 7 days after the purchase date. Good to know for future reference! I have some plans to turn this tray into something cute!

Another new find was the HomeGoods store. It was fantastic! I have been dying to check that place out for a while and boy was it cool. There were so many inviting things to look at. I think I walked down every aisle looking at all the modern home decor. If I ever need a super cool lamp or anything for the house, I'll go there! They have so many classic, stylish pieces. I did purchase a cool, glass cannister and it was CHEAP compared to most stores. I have lots of ideas of ways to use it! Psyched! I know I'm a goofball!

So the rest of the week, I will be spending my nights preparing for a neighborhood garage sale this weekend. Pricing, making signs and cleaning out the attic! Lots of work to come this week! I'll keep you posted on that one!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hey there! I am finally getting caught up from the weekend blog hop! Apparently I can only “follow” so many in a day. I am your newest follower. I am one of the hosts! Stopping by to say hi! Hope to see ya on all my blogs :) I have a giveaway going on my Fire butterfly Jewels blog! :)

http://myowngrocerygame.blogspot.com/

http://firebutterflyjewels.blogspot.com/

http://mommysmenuplanning.blogspot.com/